VMwareÂ® Server is a free virtualization product for Windows and Linux servers with enterprise-class support. It enables companies to partition a physical server into multiple virtual machines and to start experiencing the benefits of virtualization. VMware Server is a robust yet easy to use product for users new to server virtualization technology and is based on VMware’s proven technology.
|Operating System Support||Windows 10, Windows XP, Windows 2003, Windows 8, Windows 2000, Windows 7, Windows Vista|
|Available Languages||English, French, Polish, Chinese, Italian, German, Japanese, Spanish|
|Date||Saturday, October 31st 2009|
- Provision additional servers in minutes without investing in new hardware
- Run Windows, Linux, Solaris and Netware operating systems and applications on the same physical server
- Increase the CPU utilization of a physical server
- Move virtual machines from one physical server to another without re-configuration.
- Capture the entire state of a virtual machine and roll back to that configuration with the click of a button
- Gain centralized management to efficiently provision, monitor and manage IT infrastructure when combined with VMware VirtualCenter
- Choose to access enterprise-class product support
- Easily migrate virtual machines to VMware Infrastructure