Transmission-Qt is a file sharing utility that can download torrents, similar to µTorrent and BitComet. The app lets you start a local session or connect to a remote one by entering the host, port and authentication details.
|Operating System Support||Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7|
|Available Languages||English, French, Polish, Chinese, Italian, Japanese, German, Spanish|
|Date||Monday, February 4th 2019|
- Supports Magnet links.
- Selective downloading.
- Encrypted peer connections.
- Torrent file creation.
- Built-in web server enabling users to control it remotely via the web (using RPC or WebUI).
- Automatic port mapping (using UPnP/NAT-PMP).
- Peer caching.
- Single listening port for all torrents.
- Scheduled bandwidth limits.
- Sorting/filtering options.
- HTTPS tracker support.
- IPv6 support.
- Local Peer Discovery support.
- Global and per-torrent bandwidth caps.
The Transmission-Qt app is automatically associated with torrent files. The interface is basically a simple window with a minimalistic layout. This is where you can open torrent files using the file browser or drag-and-drop support. It is also possible to open torrents from URLs or magnetic links. Downloading sessions can be started immediately or postponed, and you can specify priority levels for specific torrents.
Overall, Transmission-Qt is a reliable tool for downloading torrent files rapidly and it integrates a some useful features for all user levels of expertise.