SQL Server 2008 Express Edition is a free, easy-to-use, lightweight, and embeddable version of SQL Server 2008. Free to download, free to redistribute, free to embed, and easy for new developers to use immediately.
|Operating System Support||Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows XP, Windows 2003, Windows 8, Windows Vista|
|Available Languages||English, French, Polish, Chinese, Italian, Japanese, German, Spanish|
|Date||Tuesday, August 7th 2012|
SQL Server 2008 Express Edition has the following benefits:
- Fast to download and install: It’s a compact download, and you can get up and running in as little as 20 minutes.
- Simplified administration: Automatically tune your database for optimal performance. For convenience, you can use Microsoft Update to automatically receive the latest patches and updates, enabling a high level of security and the latest features.
- Free management tool: SQL Server Management Studio: You can download the SQL Server Management Studio Express, an easy and efficient management tool for SQL Server Express. With SQL Server Management Studio you enjoy a consistent management experience across all SQL Server 2008 Editions.
- Seamless integration with Visual Studio Express Editions.
- Easy to deploy: Easily move or copy your SQL Server Express databases to another computer or hosted server using XCopy and ClickOnce deployment.