Simple x264/x265 Launcher is a lightweight app with a simple GUI for the x264 H.264/AVC as well as the x265 H.265/HEVC encoders. It can be used on 64-bit versions of encoders and provides support for Avisynth and VapourSynth input.
|Operating System Support||Windows 8, Windows 2012, Windows 2008, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 2003, Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows 10, Windows 98|
|Available Languages||English, French, Polish, Chinese, Italian, German, Japanese, Spanish|
|Date||Monday, August 13th 2018|
Simple x264/x265 Launcher has a user-friendly layout, which makes it easy to add files using the built-in browse button or you can drag-and-drop files. It has support for a variety of formats including: AVS, VPY, MKV, MP4, AVI, FLV, Y4M, and YUV.
Key Features include:
- Support for creating H.264/AVC (x264) and H.265/HEVC (x265) files.
- Support for 64-Bit and 32-Bit encoder binaries.
- Batch encoding support is implemented.
- Command-line interface support for adding new jobs.
- Multiple encoding jobs can be executed concurrently.
- Support for Avisynth and VapurSynth frame server input.
- 32-Bit Avisynth/VapourSynth can be mixed with 64-Bit x264/x265.
- Custom encoder parameter support .
- Manage encoder configurations with user-defined templates.
- Straightforward encoder setup.
- Fully self-contained, no additional Codecs or Plugin’s are required.
During tests Simple x264/x265 Launcher was able to carry out a tasks relatively quickly and gave good output results. That being said, it did struggle somewhat with larger files and required more time to complete the encoding process.
Overall, Simple x264/x265 Launcher is a reliable and powerful video encoder that has an intuitive GUI for encoding multimedia files. The layout is easy on the eyes, which makes it suitable for users of all levels of expertise, from novice to expert. That being said, some of the config settings could be hard to get to grips with for novice users and on the downside the app doesn’t leave a small footprint and it is going to hammer your system resources unless you are running a powerhouse PC.