The Parted Magic OS employs core programs of GParted and Parted, and it is able to handle partitioning tasks with ease. It features an excellent set of extensive file system tools to work with.
|Operating System Support||Windows 8, Windows 2012, Windows 2008, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 2003, Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows 10, Windows 98|
|Available Languages||English, French, Polish, Chinese, Italian, German, Japanese, Spanish|
|Date||Tuesday, November 28th 2017|
|Developer||Parted Magic LLC|
Parted Magic supports the following file systems: btrfs, ext2, ext3, ext4, fat16, fat32, hfs, hfs+, jfs, linux-swap, ntfs, reiserfs, reiser4, and xfs.
Key Features include:
- Format internal and external hard drives.
- Move, copy, create, delete, expand & shrink hard drive partitions.
- Clone your hard drive, to create a full backup.
- Test hard drives for impending failure.
- Test memory for bad sectors.
- Benchmark your computer for a performance rating.
- Securely erase your entire hard drive, wiping it clean from all data.
- Access to non-booting systems allowing you to rescue important data.
- Runs from the CD, no install required.
Please note:Parted Magic requires at least a i586 processor and 312MB of RAM to operate or 175MB in ?Live? mode.
Limitations:This version is the last known free version released and it is known to cause problems on certain computers. You have been warned.