Notepadd++ Plugin Manager is a plugin for Notepad++ that allows you to install, update and remove plugins from the Notepad++ application.
|Operating System Support||Windows 98, Windows 8, Windows 2012, Windows 2000, Windows 2008, Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows 2003, Windows 10, Windows Vista|
|Available Languages||English, French, Polish, Chinese, Italian, Japanese, German, Spanish|
|Date||Friday, October 9th 2015|
A centrally hosted XML file holds the list of plugins, that the plugin manager downloads and processes against the list of installed plugins.
Key features include:
- Install, Update and Remove all existing plugins.
- Notify when an installed plugin has an update available, and allow the user to update directly.
- Calculate dependencies between plugins, any plugin can depend on another plugin, which will be installed automatically if the user installs the initial plugin.
- Install all supplemental files as well as the plugin file itself (e.g. config, doc, extra libraries).
- Automatic installation of the correct version (ANSI/Unicode) for your Notepad++.
- Validation of DLLs copied, against a central list of valid files. This slightly mitigates the risk of automatically downloading updates.
- Only plugins that are compatible with your Notepad++ are shown.
- Plugins can be put into categories .
- Plugin Manager is able to update itself, and will notify the user when an update is available.
- Proxies are supported, just change the setting.
- Updates can be ignored, and the user will not be alerted to that update again.
Please Note: for Vista / Windows 7: In order to update the plugin manager to 1.0.8 , you need to run Notepad++ as administrator, update plugin manager, then everything will run properly under a normal user. Future updates to Plugin Manager will automatically run as administrator.