LAV Filters is an Open Source set of DirectShow filters, which allow you to play popular video and audio formats without having to install any other codec pack or additional codec or filter. LAV Filters are based on FFmpeg multimedia libraries. As a set of DirectShow filters, LAV Filters contains LAV Splitter and LAV Audio and Video Decoder.
|Operating System Support||Windows 98, Windows 8, Windows 2012, Windows 2000, Windows 2008, Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows 2003, Windows 10, Windows Vista|
|Available Languages||English, French, Polish, Chinese, Italian, Japanese, German, Spanish|
|Date||Monday, October 15th 2018|
Key Features Include:
- Play any file format (audio and video) using a DirectShow compliant player compatible with almost all multimedia packages.
- Support for Blu-Ray discs and other containers.
- Powerful decoders for most popular file formats including, Matroska, MP4, AVI, AC3, AAC, TrueHD, FLV, MOV etc.
- Support for deinterlacing, multi-threading, customizable hardware acceleration.
- Support for automatic multimedia (video and audio) synchronization.
- Support for AES encrypted HLS streams and advanced subtitle selection.
- Support for rtspu, rtspm, rtspt and rtsph URLs (for RTSP transport protocol).
Please note that you don’t need to install any other codec pack to play video or audio files on your PC if you install LAV Filters.