jEdit is a programmer’s text editor written in Java. It uses the Swing toolkit for the GUI and can be configured as a rather powerful IDE through the use of its plugin architecture.
|Operating System Support||Windows 8, Windows 2012, Windows 2008, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 2003, Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows 10, Windows 98|
|Available Languages||English, French, Polish, Chinese, Italian, German, Japanese, Spanish|
|Date||Tuesday, April 10th 2018|
|Developer||The jEdit Dev Team|
Key features include:
- Written in Java: runs on Windows, Unix, VMS and Mac OS X.
- Built-in macro language; extensible plugin architecture.
- jEdit plugin manager supports downloading and installation of hundreds of plugins.
- Auto indent, and syntax highlighting for more than 200 languages.
- Supports a large number of character encodings including UTF8 and Unicode.
- Folding for selectively hiding regions of text.
- Word wrap.
- Highly customizable.
jEdit has stacks of features, is really easy to use, and it is highly configurable. Coupled with extensive language and plugin support, makes this editor one to certainly try.
Looking for the Mac version of jEdit? Download Here