HxD Hex Editor is a well designed, rapid hex editor that handles files of any size. In addition you can work with raw disk editing and RAM modification.
|Operating System Support||Windows 2003, Windows XP, Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7|
|Available Languages||English, French, Polish, Chinese, Italian, German, Japanese, Spanish|
|Date||Friday, January 18th 2019|
HxD Hex Editor has a simple, easy-to-use interface that has lots of features, including checksums/digests, searching and replacing, exporting, insertion of byte patterns, concatenation or splitting of files, a file shredder, and statistics.
Key Features include:
- Edit the main memory.
- Memory sections are tagged with data-folds.
- Disk-Editor: hard disks, floppy disks, ZIP-disks, USB flash drives, CDs.
- RAW reading and writing of disks and drives.
- Supports Win9x, WinNT and higher.
- Instant opening.
- Up to 8EB; opening and editing is very fast.
- Liberal, yet safe, file sharing with other apps.
- Flexible and fast searching/replacing for several data types.
- Checksum-Generator: Checksum, CRCs, Custom CRC, SHA-1, SHA-512, MD5.
- File compare (simple).
- Exporting of data to several formats.
- Data types: text (including Unicode), hex-values, integers and floats.
- View data in Ansi, DOS, EBCDIC and Macintosh character sets.
- Source code (Pascal, C, Java, C#, VB.NET).
- Insertion of byte patterns.
- Splitting or concatenating of files.
- Navigating to nibbles with Ctrl+Left or Ctrl+Right.
- Visual Studio/Visual C++, WinHex, HexWorkshop.
- Unlimited undo.
- Graphical representation of the byte/character distribution.
Overall HxD Hex Editor is a useful app that leaves a small footprint, consumes little resources and has a simple interface to work with. It is fast and efficient, and it gives you greater freedom than you may get with other editors.