Discord Messenger is a massively popular communication platform targeted towards gamers. Create channels and separate rooms within these channels and communicate with your friends by text or voice.
|Operating System Support||Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7|
|Available Languages||English, French, Polish, Chinese, Italian, Japanese, German, Spanish|
|Date||Tuesday, April 2nd 2019|
Access restrictions can be set on individual channels that restrict entry to invited users only.
Discord Messenger channels are not centred just around gaming, communities for pretty much any hobby, passion, or pastime can be found online.
- Chat with small and large groups via text or voice.
- Set up different servers to chat with different groups, and invite friends to your server with a unique invite link.
- Set up voice chat channels, where you can limit the number of participants, mute participants, and set individual volumes for each participant.
- Run Discord in the background as you play games if you have the app installed on your PC.
- Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, and iOS apps available.
Overall, Discord Messenger provides text and voice communication to a huge array of communities and seems to have found a home predominantly with gamers. Don’t let this put you off though, there is something for everyone.