D-Fend Reloaded is a graphical environment for DOSBox. D-Fend Reloaded is a successor of D-Fend (now discontinued). Both environments look similar and D-Fend Reloaded contains all features of D-Fend. You can even use the D-Fend config files.
|Operating System Support||Windows 98, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows 2012, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 2003, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 2008|
|Available Languages||English, French, Italian, Polish, Japanese, German, Spanish, Chinese|
|Date||Friday, January 29th 2016|
DOSBox emulates a complete computer, including the DOS command line, and allows you to run nearly all old DOS based games on modern hardware with any of the newer Windows versions.With DOSBox there was no need to worry about memory managers or free conventional RAM, but the setup of DOSBox was still a bit complicated. The configuration of DOSBox via text based setup files might be difficult for novice users. This is where D-Fend Reloaded come into play. With it you can create these files.
In addition the D-Fend Reloaded installation package contains the DOSBox app (including all language files currently available), so there is only one installation to be run and no need to link D-Fend Reloaded with DOSBox manually.
- Easy start: The D-Fend Reloaded installer provides everything you need to run old DOS games (D-Fend Reloaded GUI, DOSBox, language files, FreeDos commandline tools). During the first start of D-Fend Reloaded everything is set up automatically.
- Searching and sorting games: D-Fend Reloaded contains many service tools to keep the overview even in large game archives. Games can be filtered by categories like genre and year of publication, you can also conduct find-as-you-type searches. For every game you can setup a data folder for manuals etc.
- Creating new profiles: Besides using the normal profile editor, new profiles may be added by the profile wizard. Additionally templates for different game types are integrated which need only the name and the path of the game as input.
- Managing profiles: D-Fend Reloaded collects all information regarding a certain program in its profile (program directory, screenshot directory, manual directory, icon file etc.). Therefore complete games may be deinstalled using D-Fend Reloaded and games can be copied from one installation to another. D-Fend Reloaded is also able to build installer packs to transfer games to other computers. (To use this feature you need NSIS.) Additionally complete games can be packed to zip and 7z files by the builtin zip support for archiving or transferring.
- Language support: DOSBox and D-Fend Reloaded are multilingual. The installer package contains all currently available language files. D-Fend Reloaded automatically sets up the DOSBox keyboard layout which refers to the language chosen for D-Fend Reloaded.
- Compatibility: D-Fend Reloaded can read D-Fend and DBFrondend config files. D-Fend Reloaded is runs without Admin rights in Windows Vista.
This package contains D-Fend Reloaded 1.4.4 (Brazilian Portuguese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese & Turkish), DOSBox 0.74 (including all currently available language files) and the FreeDos command line tools.