Dose for Excel 3.2.8
Dose for Excel is a feature-rich add-in for Microsoft Excel, which allows you to perform functions quickly, which would otherwise take a long time. The tool has been designed to integrate with the spreadsheet editor and it allows you to access all the features from the command ribbon.
Dose for Excel has a large collection of Excel editing functions, some of which are new and others are familiar, yet simplified. For instance, you can delete custom rows with a single mouse click; empty entire lines or rows that have an empty cell or duplicates. In addition, it lets you to remove lines which contain a specific value. You can use the functions for the current sheet, the selected sheet or the entire workbook.
Key Features include:
- Delete rows (blank, empty cell, certain value, duplicated rows, and hidden rows).
- Delete columns (blank, empty cell, certain value, duplicated rows, and hidden rows).
- Merge (cells into one, merge rows, merge columns).
- Split (first and last words, words separated by).
- Remove spaces (leading, trailing, all, extra).
- Remove characters or numbers from cells.
- Comments assistant (convert cells to comments and vice versa, replace old comments with new values, list all comments in sheets in one columns, etc).
- Date Picker (A calendar will pop up from the right side so you can pick a date and it will fill it automatically in the selected cells with the date format you specify for it.
- Insert before or after cell values.
- Random generator (numbers, strings, date, lists, etc...).
- Row to column view.
- Auto backup your Excel files on open or on demand.
- Export sheets into separated workbooks.
- Delete blank sheets.
- Sort sheets by alphanumeric or date.
- Navigation: list all opened workbooks and their worksheets then navigate easily and fast to any of them.
- Rows and Columns: highlight duplicated rows.
Dose for Excel also comes with some very useful features such as the ability to you merge or split selected cells, along with adding a background color to each field. It also comes with data filters, a date picker, and a row-to-column converter. The size of the work area can also be customised along with the ability to add or edit comments as needed.
With Dose for Excel you can also generate backups. The tool can be configured to automatically backup the data every time you close Excel, or, if you prefer, on demand.
Overall, Dose for Excel is a handy add-in that integrates well with Excel and allows you to perform a variety of functions from the command ribbon. It is relatively lightweight and as it is an add-in, it consumes negligible system resources. The learning curve is shallow and those users who are used to working with Excel will find the app easy to navigate.
Please note: Dose for Excel has a 15 hour time limitation in this trial version of the app.